Tuesday, March 31, 2009

A Great Problem

The major focus of my teenage years was on cars. While a youth, several years ago, I dreamed of the day when I could get a real job and finally buy an awesome car. Like a 1998 Camaro. You get the idea. Anyway, time has gone by, and I find myself in an interesting position. My current car is leased and can be returned to the manufacturer in August. At that time, my two options are to either purchase my existing (sporty economy) car, or find something else to drive. The sensible young adult in me says to buy the economy car off its lease. After all, that car has only accumulated 53,000 miles, and is in very good shape. On the other hand, heading into marriage and the specter of children, this is my last chance to buy a cool car. So, do I do the practical thing and keep my current car, or go nuts and buy a fire-breathing performance machine?

No comments: